Cinque Terre to Milan

Author: Ale /

Today will be a very boring day to read about- so to those faithful readers out there (that exclusive club of about 3 people) I'm deeply sorry.
I can't believe I'm down to my last 24 hours in Europe!
Time has just flown past and I've loved every moment :)
Today we woke up and took our bags down to the beach for Diego to keep a hold of until we left on the train.
Diego is Megan's boyfriend and the beach he manages is right in front of the train station.
It was the most convient place to leave our bags... except we had  to get them down stairs and through some sand to lock them up... 
Don't worry though, he hefted Meryl's bag on his shoulder and carried mine all while carrying on a conversation with us.
Seriously- Diego and Megan were SO nice to us... I want to move back there and just be friends with them.


Once our bags were safe we walked around the village a little bit more.
We said goodbye to my favorite chef.




Then it was back to Milan


Meryl was hard at work journaling 


She didn't even sleep!
Ok, she did for about 10 minutes... I slept longer than her this time!


Here we are at Milan Central... we will be back here tomorrow to pick up BRENNA!
I can't wait to see her :) 


On our way to the subway we ran into some missionaries :)
Today was transfers and we basically walked up and started talking to them- bet they were surprised to hear ELDERS!!! in the middle of the subway station.
We all got tickets- they needed change and we needed directions so we helped each other out.
We were headed in the same direction part of the way so we got to talk to them.
They are from Utah and Texas.. and they graduated high school in 2010 and 2011.
2011 people!
Meryl and I started to feel kinda old right about then!
We said goodbye at the next station, but we are grateful for their help- seriously the Italian subway system is the most confusing one we've used thus far.
Good luck to those two elders!  

The subway was SO crowded- we had to wait for a few trains before we could even squeeze on.
They were packed in there like sardines... and there is no air conditioning.


We checked into our hostel.
That's our bed.


This is a man's bed also in the room.


This is the bathroom. In the room.
Confused?
So are we.
Luckily, we found another bathroom and we showered there... also the man staying on our room is REALLY uncomfortable being in the same room as us... so I doubt he is going to try showering with us in there anyway.


This was our dinner.


And this was dessert. 
Yes, that is nutella... we couldn't find gelato so we had to take some drastic measures.
(p.s. Meryl is a hand model and I'm supposed to tell you she is open for gigs)


The only other entertainment for the night was me skyping with Seth.
This happens pretty regularly so I figured it was about time I documented it.



Oh look! Meryl caught him smiling!


Tomorrow we are off to see the sights of Milan and pick up Brenna from the train station.
It'll be my last day in Europe!
My mom sent me an email tonight and I just thought I'd share a part of it.
She is the most amazing person and I love her so much- just read this and you'll know why :)
**
 I am so glad you got to go on this trip with Meryl. It truly was the chance of a lifetime! I hope you ate gelato, laughed, experienced life, and had a ball!!! You guys will look back on this time in your life as such a precious memory, something that only you guys share along with all your other memories of college. You two are lucky to have such a great relationship, there is nothing like a best friend, and you two have been through a lot together. BFF ALE and MERYL! Enjoy your last few days. WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!
 Have fun with Brenna-  GO BAREFOOT,  LAUGH, and HAVE FUN!!!!  I will be thinking of you both!!     
Love, Mom
**
Don't worry mom, we ate gelato, laughed, went barefoot, and had the time of our lives :)
I love you!
Love,
Ale

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages