Shopping

Author: Ale /


Today we had the lovely experience of going shopping. I’ve explained shopping to some extent already so I will just say this. They do not- under any circumstances- make it easy to shop. They do not bag your items for you-in fact there aren’t any bags at all. You can buy bags…but I find it slightly more satisfying to hold to principle and not pay for something I’ve gotten free all my life….maybe eventually I will change my ways. I had to juggle grabbing all of my items (luckily there weren’t many) while trying to pay (in German). It’s not easy holding everything any trying to communicate while everyone in line is looking at me like I’m an idiot for not being capable of doing the simplest thing. The cashier moves fast and she shoved the next persons items through as soon as she had given me my change, so I scrambled to stuff everything into my book bag while the guy behind me got very annoyed.Then I got to carry it home on the bus. They really don't know what they are missing....Wal-mart...I never thought I'd say it....but wow...free bags and everything...they are missing out.

Another thing. There are some creepers in Vienna. I don’t want anyone to freak out whilst reading this. I’m perfectly safe….it's just-out of everyone in my group I’m the only one that seems to get the weird guys talking to me….today it went like this. I’m walking on one of the main shopping streets of Vienna. And a large man with a mustache walks past me and starts making something like a kissing noise though I couldn’t tell at the time….I turned- thinking I might have dropped something and he was trying to get my attention. Bad idea. The moment we made eye contact he made more kissing noises and winked at me. Luckily we were walking in different directions and I moved away quickly. Ask Kayla. I get this at least once a day. I don’t know what it is. I don’t look like a cool European with their skinny bodies, skinny jeans, trendy hair, heavy makeup, and close-toed shoes. I just have a really heavy book bag and extremely curly hair because of the humidity and half the time I’m stopping to take a picture just like any other tourist. I guess we shall see what tomorrow brings.

I spent time at the LDS institute tonight for family night. We played a spoons scripture chase game. Basically you have to find a scripture and grab a spoon before anyone else. Krystle and I have a few war wounds but we made it out alive and only had to cheat a little. Of course, the lesson was in German but the food was wonderful.

Today we walked around for photography class and took these shots…not too exciting. I was just on the back side of the imperial residences…I think you can see the butterfly pavilion they have there in some of the pictures.

I’m off to study German…I have a quiz tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on your quiz Ale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
James

Ale said...

Thanks James!

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

That's a lot of meat. I wouldn't expect anything else from them Austrians.

Ale said...

You shouldn't Jason....you shouldn't...glad to see you're blog stalking by the way...

Post a Comment

Pages