Mona Lisa's Smile

Author: Ale /

Our last day in Paris was a whirlwind of adventure.
We first walked to the Eiffel Tower and along the way we look some very appealing modeling shots.
I was forbidden from putting Meryl's on here....but I think you get the idea...


I took a few other pictures along the way...





 

and then we came to THIS!
It is fantastic is it not?





I just couldn't stop taking pictures.
I've been to the Eiffel tower before but I don't think I fully appreciated it's unique beauty until now.




Meryl and I chose to walk up the first two levels....we probably would have climbed to the top if they had let us
669 steps later and we made it to the second level...and to be honest we felt pretty fit seeing all those people struggle to climb the stairs.


We took the elevator to the top floor and the views were amazing




Elevator wheel
 


 We made it to the top!



281 Meters



Yes, we peed on the Eiffel Tower.


The two hour long line to take the elevator from the bottom... lucky we were willing to climb!


Meryl doing tai chi in the park

 

 

 

 Then it was off to the Louvre!



 We hung outside for a while to enjoy the sights... and I just acted like a creeper taking picture of people around me

 

Wedding! I swear I see a wedding in every country
She was getting her pictures taken on the grounds of the Louvre... cool huh?





 


We saw Mono Lisa's smile 


The Venus di Milo


and so much more.
It was pretty much a fine- art overload and we ended up falling asleep on a bench for a half hour.


Then we headed to Notre Dame and I look more creeper pictures along the way...





I remember loving Notre Dame the last time I was in Paris...but I honestly think I was a little disappointed it didn't look bigger (Disney gave me false expectations I guess)




This time around I couldn't have been happier
I've seen a lot of churches in Europe and this one is probably one of the most beautiful


 

 

 

 

 









After Notre Dame we decided to do some quintessentially French things like eating a crepe



It was delicious!


Then we walked through a flower market


went to a bakery and ate croissants


and macaroons!


SO GOOD!


We walked around a bit more and I bought an antique book brom a book vendor.
I have a HUGE weakness for old books...or really any books for that matter...
the man selling me the book didn't really speak any English.
This was our conversation:
"London?"
"No, America- Salt Lake City"
"Ah! Mormon?"
"Yes, Mormon"
"Ah! Salt Lake City- Mormon City!"

How this man knew that we could never quite figure out, but he was a great story teller- and he winked at me a lot...if only I could have understood what he was saying!

We headed back to our hostel to pick up our bags and go to the bus station to catch our bus to Amsterdam!


We are in Amsterdam now- but you'll get more of that story later!

Au Revoir!
Love,
Ale

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages