Versailles

Author: Ale /

Today we ventured out of Paris to see the lovely Palace de Versailles!
I can't even tell you how much I loved this day!
The palace is HUGE and the grounds are even bigger...we ended up walking miles today, but it was all worth it :)
I was taking pictures with two cameras today so I had twice as many pictures as Meryl to go through and edit (literally, we counted and I had two times more, but sometimes I just can't stop!)

Louis XIV


Not many of the pictures I took inside look that amazing...it's hard to get one with about a MILLION people in the way.... but here are some as we walked on the grounds:





There was a large, perfectly sculpted man-made lake on the grounds... we almost rented a boat but decided we wanted to see more of the gardens instead :)


This was a huge oak tree- they called in the Queen's oak.... I'm not entirely sure why...


This was near the Petit Trianon...basically an off-shoot of the palace set off on a hill away from the large palace.... I guess they liked to "get away" at their own home.


Seriously, could these grounds get more fantastic?
A lot of the gardens we laid out just like a room in a palace would be with statues and everything (at least, that's what the signs in the gardens told us)
You could lost in those grounds and never be found again I swear!


This is the Queen's Hamlet or Marie Antoinette's Hamlet really.
She had it built so she really could "get-away" 
It's a working farm where she could go to be "rustic"
I highly doubt she actually got her hands dirty, but she had people looking at her contantly (like every meal, her wedding night, every time she gave birth there were people present) so I can understand wanting to be away from prying eyes.



This hamtel was my favorite part- I could actually imagine living in a place like this.
It was beautiful and quaint 





and the gardens were amazing :)










This was Marie Antoinette's bedroom... just off to the left of her bed she fled through a secret door to escape her attackers during the revolution.
She obviously didn't escape them for long...but it's a fascinating story.


Oh look! One of the roads is named after me!


Ok not really...but kinda close and usually nothing has my name unless it's some alcoholic drink



These gardeners must spend a lifetime making that place look as good as it does.


It was nice and warm today and I loved the blue skies :)




I loved these long halls with windows- perfect for letting the light in.


Their form of barbed wire....far too pretty to be dangerous


 I really loved this oak tree!


Just doing a little benching at Versailles.... very few people will understand that reference so just enjoy looking at us on a bench :)


On our way home on the train we got some free tattoos with our bubble gum...


Apparently, I'm "Grave in Love" 


And we aren't sure what Meryl is because hers didn't turn out...


It was a fantastic day :)
Seeing Versailles was a dream come true and I'm so glad I got to see it with Meryl (Apparently, I taught her about the French revelation and I learned that ballet flourished during the rein of Louis XIV- you should ask her about it sometime)


Love,
Ale

1 comments:

Brenna McFarland said...

love it! Ah! I'm so excited for you two!

Post a Comment

Pages