London Calling

Author: Ale /


Yesterday was amazing!
We met up with my good friend Lloyd (we both lived in Vienna a few summers ago)
We decided to give Meryl quite the tour of London- so if some of these pictures seem a little random please forgive me. The weather was working against us a bit (it rained most of the day) and I only took my little point-and shoot out for these photos.
We went to Covent Gardens and did a little shopping.
We were walking to our next destination when we came upon London's Freemason Lodge- they let people in for tours so we decided to take a look.
I didn't take pictures because it really wasn't that exciting for a society that likes to be so secretive.
We visited a tea shop...

I almost wish I drank tea...
And we stopped by our hostel to drop some stuff off. 
While we were there we had Lloyd take our picture.
 He thought it was hilarious we took a while to get ready...


We had to adjust


ok yeah we took a long time...


but it turned out great right?


Then we ventured to the Tower of London



Such good friends




 and The Tower Bridge





We rode a double decker (the old-school kind!) on the top deck at the very front.




We walked through St. James Park



And to Buckingham Palace






Then it was off to Parliament and Big Ben.





I didn't get to take Meryl inside Westminister Abby because it was closed, but the outside is pretty amazing too :)


We saw the London Eye but decided not to go up


London is completely decked out right now for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
She has been on the throne for 60 years- you don't see that very often and all of Britain is excited- the celebrations start the first weekend in June and I'm bummed I don't get to be here for it!
London is also pretty decked out for the Olympics- we saw the area set up for beach volleyball and a lot of stadium style seating set up for other stuff- I'm mad I can't be here for that either!



We happened upon the movie premiere for Snow White and the Huntsman on the way to dinner
So I kinda got to see these three very famous people up close :)
(I could have lived without seeing Kristen Stewart, but hey it was still cool) 




Charlize Theron getting interviewed


That one bad guy in Agent Cody Banks....
Give me a break that's all I could remember him being in...


And this guy.... 


After that unexpected event we went to China Town for Chinese food and then...
drumroll please....
We went to see Phantom of the Opera!
We were in heaven!


Seriously the cast was a mazing and I loved every minute of it!
Here we are with Lloyd and his lovely girlfriend Christie :)


Today we woke up and went to the British Museum to see the Rosetta Stone


This museum was MASSIVE!


and the stone was amazing, but we could stay very long to see anything else because we had to catch our train to Paris :)


This is the only picture I took in the train station....Meryl and I decided we look bulky and awkward with our luggage, so you probably won't see many of those pictures...


On the train we met this amazing Scottish couple :)
Meryl was in heaven to meet some of her people and had a grand old time talking about their tartans.
They got a huge kick out of me journaling my heart away on the train....it's like a major scrap-booking project so it can get kinda intense!
Seriously, don't they just look amazing?


We made it to our hostel in Paris- it seems nicer than our London hostel.
We are staying with two girls from South Africa and a guy from Idaho.
After settling in- we went to find food....this fruit and veggies shop was seriously so amazing.
I mean look at it- it was spotless and each fruit of veggie is arranged perfectly....nothing was bruised or dirty... it was almost scary!



We did get some strawberries though and ate them the rest of the night...so good!


Tomorrow we are off to Versailles!

Love,
Ale






2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love.

Allie Tensmeyer said...

I'm pretty sure we were in the same seats for Phantom. It was amazing, right? And also, love the sperrys. Can't say it enough. And Meryl, your hair look amazing! Who's hair freaking looks like that in the rain?! V.

Post a Comment

Pages