Cruisin' and London!

Author: Ale /


It's been a rough last few days with all the traveling going on, but we are having a blast!
I think I've slept a total of 8 hours in the past 72. 
I know I'm terrible and haven't written about my cruise so here is a brief overview:
We went to Catalina Island, and Ensenada, Mexico and I met some really awesome people along the way. 

 Catalina Island


My new buddies Dani and Karyn

The ship




More new friends! Dani, Parker, me, Ben, Karyn, and Cameron 

Shopping on Catalina








The towel animal from our room

Ensenada, Mexico


The large head we found- I have no idea who this is...




Saying goodbye to the towel animals

As soon as the boat docked we drove straight back to Utah. I had 12 hours to unpack, do laundry, repack, and sleep before heading to the airport to leave for EUROPE!
(Thanks goes out to my family- I couldn't have gotten everything put together without them.)


Meryl and I at the airport still looking fresh 
 We had a flight to New York and then we flew to London. I can usually sleep just fine on flights so I thought our overnight flight to London would be a breeze, but at the moment on my overnight flight when I desperately needed my body to sleep it failed me and I didn't sleep a wink. 
We got into London around 9 am completely exhausted,but we couldn't take a nap during the day or we would never adjust to the schedule....so we took the train from the airport and left our bags at the hostel. (Meryl fell asleep on our underground ride to the city....the Londoners who saw me take this picture definitely thought I was a creeper)

15 hours later and Meryl falls asleep on the tube going to our Hostel :)
Then we headed out to start seeing stuff. We walked to the Museum of London first and along the way we saw St. Paul's Cathedral. It was AMAZING to see on the inside because I've never gone in before. We sat in on mass and the music was fantastic. 


The Museum of London was by FAR the best museum I've ever been to. Every display was interactive, but you could still use your imagination. They recreated parts of old London- you could walk through shops, try on clothes, sit in the theatre- seriously I was in heaven. 
And as an added perk all the museums in London are free so it was got to see the whole history of London from prehistoric to today for free! I LOVED  it. 


After the Museum of London we walked to the Imperial War Museum....let's just say we did a LOT of walking....here are just a few things we saw along the way...




The Imperial War Museum
My dad and brother came here a few years ago so I was excited to see all the war exhibits....I'm kinda a nerd when it comes to WWI and WWII. They had an amazing two floor Holocaust exhibit. 
They also had an interactive London blitz tour that showed you what it would really be like in London during the bombing blitz in WWII. The floor moved in the bomb shelter and everything!
This is a piece of the Berlin Wall outside the museum.


By the end of the day we were falling-down, dead-tired (literally, I fell asleep standing up in one of the exhibits) but we got to see a lot.
We caught the tube back to our hostel and went to bed- today we are meeting up with my old friend Lloyd :)

Love,
Ale

1 comments:

Jessica said...

This makes me SOOOOO jealous!!! Ah. I need to go to Europe soon. Tell Lloyd hi for me!! That is awesome.

Post a Comment

Pages