Cinque Terre

Author: Ale /

Today was wonderful- I probably say that about everyday... but when you are in a little village in Italy by the beach it just seems especially true!
I woke up today and went for a little walk by myself...I was planning on bringing Meryl breakfast in bed since she wasn't feeling very well... and I ended up getting distracted taking pictures.




I did remember to bring her food- and Nutella was involved so everybody was happy :)
After breakfast we headed straight to the beach.
Megan's (the girl who rents out our apt.) boyfriend runs a private beach here and we get in for free.
We got beach beds and settled in for a day of relaxing and tanning...
This was us attempting to show you how relaxed we were...


I ended up reading for hours :)


And Meryl journaled.


While we were on the beach a woman pulled this thing out of the water...


We thought it was a jellyfish until we tried poking it. It had a kind of hard shell and we could not figure out what it was... weird right?


Meryl had me document the "jellyfish" with her new boyfriend.... the only man to pull off a white speedo in the history of ever. 
They are going to have a very happy life together, I'm sure of it. 


We enjoyed these views all day




And then we took a walk around town to shop at all the little stores and I took a million pictures (go figure right?)


These two ladies were enjoying gelato together


Every shop has a million jars of pesto in them.... that- and fish.


This guy cooks for one of the nicer restaurants in town



I could probably home home looking like this if I eat enough pasta, nutella, and gelato.


I love Italians.






We came to this little restaurant for dinner.


When I told the man I just wanted a caprese salad and no other courses he smiled and went to tell the cook in the back.
We heard him go back explain that was all I was going to eat, and then listen to everyone in the back burst out laughing.
We just do not eat the way Italians do... they drag out dinner for hours and have multiple courses... I just can't keep up!


On our walk after dinner :)












We climbed out on the rock barrier on the bay


Meryl caught me getting pretty excited about it




And I caught her doing yoga 





Here is the inside to one of the churches in town


and I still can't get over how cool the outsides of the churches look!


 I love the stripes!



The biggest / only car in town. 




At some point in the night we got gelato. 
Meryl gets annoyed when I think there is actually still a question as to this happening anymore...
In her mind - gelato is law. 


They grow lemons in the orchards here






We hiked up behind the town before heading in for the night.


Tomorrow we are doing more hiking and probably more swimming :)
I love Cinque Terre!
Love,
Ale

2 comments:

Lauren said...

love it. all of it.
and you were not lying about the man in the speedo.

Jessica said...

You look GORGEOUS in all these pictures!! Also, judging by his comments on facebook, your boy seems like a keeper!

Post a Comment

Pages